What follows is a list of 100 more steps to take. Each of these tactics are simple little moves you can make to improve your financial situation. Some of them take just a few minutes, others might take an hour or two, some of them require a bit of regular effort, but they’re all incredibly simple – anyone can do them. Each of them also save significant money, especially over the long haul, and when combined together these tips can save you a lot of money now.
Obviously, not all of these tips will apply to everyone. Just go through the list and find ten or fifteen that do apply to you and use them in your life – you’ll quickly find yourself saving some serious scratch.
- Switch your bank accounts to a bank that respects you.
- Turn off the television.
- Turn a critical eye to your “collections.”
- Sign up for every free customer rewards program you can.
- Make your own gifts instead of buying stuff from the store.
- Master the thirty day rule.
- Write a list before you go shopping – and stick to it.
- Invite friends over instead of going out.
- Instead of throwing out some damaged clothing, repair it instead.
- Don’t spend big money entertaining your children.
- Call your credit card company and ask for a rate reduction.
- Clean out your closet.