When used and managed properly, credit cards offer us convenience, a sense of security, and allow us to build a healthy credit history. Irresponsible credit card use can result in excessive debt and can produce a poor credit score and become a long-term financial liability.
Basic information necessary to help you wisely choose and responsibly use a credit card can be grouped into two main categories:
- A complete understanding of the costs of credit.
- Behaviors that reflect financial literacy and personal responsibility.
- HOW LONG AND HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO PAY?
- FINDING EXTRA MONEY TO PAY DOWN YOUR CREDIT CARD DEBT
- CREDIT CARD COSTS
- HOW TO WISELY CHOOSE & RESPONSIBLY USE A CREDIT CARD
- RATES AND FEES AND THE SCHUMER BOX
- DOs AND DON’Ts ONCE YOU HAVE A CREDIT CARD
- THERE IS ALWAYS A SOLUTION – CREDIT COUNSELING
- CREDIT REPORTS & CREDIT SCORES
View, Save, or Print Full PDF: